This company specialises in the design and manufacture of lighting and furnishing products and as one of the leading suppliers to the interior designer and specifiers market, their products have earned a reputation of being extremely well made and beautifully designed.
The company is looking for an Assistant Product Designer to work on the design and development of new product ranges as well as the maintenance of their extensive back catalogue of products. This will include producing concept renders, reverse engineering and product design, and the generation of technical drawings for manufacture.
The Assistant Product Designer role also includes:
- Utilising SolidWorks for product design and the completion of detailed technical drawings for manufacture
- The generation of 3D models and concept renders
- Communicating manufacturing methods and technical specifications to suppliers
- The completion of informative product documentation and instructions
- Helping to ensure that all quality and technical product standards are met
Experience and Skills Required for the Assistant Product Designer:
- Educated in a relevant degree discipline such as Product Design or Design Engineering
- Some industry experience in using SolidWorks and a competent user of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- The ability to project manage and problem solve
- Must be able to organise their own time to meet project deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers when necessary
- Experience of design for manufacture and understanding of engineering concepts and materials
- A keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail