Furniture Design Technician
This British Company manufactures beautiful bespoke furniture, cabinetry and specialist joinery work for a global network of clients. Their large purpose-built manufacturing complex is home to traditional cabinet making, veneering, carving and gilding skills, complemented by modern design, manufacturing and finishing techniques.
They work on both classical and contemporary interiors including dressing rooms, staircases and libraries, cinemas, wine rooms, games rooms and are interested to hear from Furniture Designers with experience on bespoke projects.
Objectives and requirements for the Furniture Designer:
- To take a brief and/or sketched concept and work into production drawings and 3D CAD renders using SolidWorks
- You will need some past experience in a wood based environment - joinery, shopfitting or cabinet making to make improvements or modifications to designs
- Liaise with other departments using your good communication skills
- To work as part of a team to create effective working relationships
- Appreciating their end of the marketplace with attention to detail and careful considerations of materials and techniques