This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Designer to join an internationally recognised British brand, renowned for designing beautiful and innovative award winning baby products and travel systems
They are now looking to expand their Design team and you will be delivering exciting solutions to new product developments and developments to their existing range and will be involved in the whole process from concept sketch generation to production in the Far East and post launch improvements.
Key responsibilities for the Product Designer include
- Produce well-conceived and communicated design concepts and solutions
- Working closely with the internal technical department and external suppliers engineers to ensure total product reliability
- Producing 3D SolidWorks CAD models
- Producing 3D soft and hard models and assisting in the production of prototypes
- Presentation of designs and concepts to internal and external audiences
- Participation in trade shows and sales conferences
£25k to £32k dependant on experience plus healthcare plan and phone. They also have regular social events run by their social committee including both a Summer and a Christmas event.
In return the Product Designer will need:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in industry ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Good sketching ability and concept generation skills
- Knowledge of NPD processes
- Fluency in SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite and Keyshot (knowledge of 3D printing and prototyping would be useful but not essential)