An exciting opportunity for a Product Designer to join an internationally recognised British superbrand, renowned for designing beautiful and innovative baby products. We have an award-winning range of contemporary travel systems and lightweight pushchairs, as well as successful home and nursery and car safety divisions, designing beautifully crafted furniture sets, infant car seats and baby bedding. Key to our success is a strong, evolving product range with an uncompromising approach to quality.
We are looking to expand our Hardware Product Design and Development team. You will be delivering workable, marketable and breakthrough solutions for new product developments and developments of our existing product range.
- Producing well-conceived and clearly communicated design concepts and solutions
- To be fully involved in the product development process from concept sketch generation to production in the Far East and post launch improvements
- Working to clearly defined deadlines and delivering to these deadlines
- Working closely with the internal technical department and external suppliers' engineers to ensure total product reliability
- Producing 3D SolidWorks CAD models
- Producing 3D soft and hard models and assisting in the production of prototypes
- Presentation of designs and concepts to internal and external audiences
- Opportunities for foreign travel as necessary to fulfil the role
- Participation in trade shows and sales conferences
For this role, you will need: a minimum of 2 years’ experience in industry within a manufacturing environment, good sketching ability and concept generation skills, knowledge of NPD processes, fluency in SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite and Keyshot (knowledge of 3D printing and prototyping would be useful but not essential)
Apply for Product Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly