Senior Interior Designer (temp)
A superb opportunity for an experienced Senior Designer (temp) to join a world renowned, award winning Interior Design company in West London. You will be heading up and ensuring the successful delivery of design projects.
This company is looking for Designers specialising either in the Residential Sector or the Commercial Hospitality Sector.
It is a client facing role and you would be working on multiple projects.
- Taking a project management role – focussed on the day to day delivery of projects, supported by the team of interior designers and consultants
- Support Associate Director/Designer with concept development of projects providing original, appropriate and effective solutions to the creative brief
- Ensure operational functionality of design produced by the team, and sign off 2nd Drafts
- Create and communicate a clearly defined direction for the team to pursue, and present and sell concepts and design solutions to the client
- Co-ordinate and liaise with contractors, sub-contractors, local authorities and all other relevant personnel
- Prepare and submit planning applications, tender documentation and licencing drawings
- Lead Seniors and Planning meetings for your sector and undertake planned review meetings
- Responsible for planning resources and hours requirements of projects. Schedule and communicate all costs and specifications internally and externally
- Co-ordinate workload, ensuring all stages of the project are delivered with clarity on time and on budget
- Face to face client liaison and ongoing management including client letters, and ensure that the client relationship is maintained and developed
- Preparation of stage approval documentation in the absence of the Project Designer in team
- Participating in 1st round interviews and the approval/decision process for Middleweight Designers and below
- Recognise and develop new business opportunities with new or existing clients
- Act as an ambassador for the company ‘brand’ striving to raise the company profile in the industry
- Experienced designer with 8-12 years’ experience of working in interior/architectural design on high end, large scale, luxury projects, within the hospitality, commercial, hotel, residential sectors.
- Proven creative and management abilities.
- Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Extensive Project Management experience in all phases of design projects.
- AutoCAD 2D/3D, MS Project, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketchup.
- The ability to interpret design concepts and an advanced knowledge of design principles.
- Extensive knowledge of construction methodology, materials application and design trends.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, FF&E, finishes, lighting and other materials.
- An up to date understanding of relevant regulations and health and safety codes.
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to effectively manage and develop others
- Confident and approachable
- Organised and efficient
- Experience of working in at least three interior sectors (residential, retail, restaurant and hotel)
- Experience of working on bespoke projects
If you would like to be a part of this fantastic studio, then please apply using the online form below.
Please ensure you attached both your CV and portfolio in PDF Format when applying for this position.
J.A.Y Design Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for Senior Interior Designer (temp)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly