Our client, a local Packaging design agency are on the look-out for an talented and ambitious Junior-Mid Weight Packaging Designer to join their team.
The Packaging Designer will work on a large variety of brand and own label packaging for food and non-food products.
You will be involved in the creation of a fantastic variety of new brands and packaging concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Packaging Designer:
- Run a large number of design projects from initial briefing through to final presentation
- Create new, original and exciting design concepts for a whole range of consumer packaging (food and non-food) in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CC
- Design packaging for new brands
- Design implementation across a high volume of range extensions
- Be able to visualise your own ideas on the Mac and create presentations that will impress our clients
- Ensure that designs are presented on brief and in line with the company's values
- Take part in design and project briefings
- Understand and execute all internal design briefings correctly and efficiently
- Ensure that your ideas and concepts comply with all relevant brand guidelines
- Liaise directly with all internal Account Managers and Design Directors
- Manage your time effectively, be aware of cost efficiency and be able to set priorities
- Check and proofread your own designs before handing them back to the Account Managers
- Manage Account Managers' and clients' expectations
- Manage and meet all deadlines
- Be pro-active, think on the job and learn to minimise downtime
- Able to work on your own as well as in a team, learn fast and take direction