This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic design manager to lead a growing team within an award-winning PR agency. Working with a great mix of people based at stunning offices in Covent Garden, this role come with multiple opportunities to develop and expand the design service. LCA actively support training and development of their staff and people therefore stay with them for a long time.
LCA’s in-house creative team are small but growing fast. Taking on multiple briefs, which cover print, web and digital, they work closely with their LCA colleagues as well as their own clients, to produce and deliver creative content to a very high level.
The ideal candidate will have over six years of design experience, with evidence of mentoring and/or management of junior designers. You will set the creative direction of many projects and work closely with the Senior Designer to brief the rest of the team. Furthermore, you will develop processes, standards and relationships that foster and manage creativity across the entire design team while managing resources and the expanding the design portfolio.
Although a considerable proportion of the role is design based, you will be expected to follow a clear business plan to grow the design function. This involves attending new business meetings, improving existing client relationships, raising and managing fee proposals, delivering desired outcomes and driving growth.
This is a hands-on role for a senior designer who is looking step up or an existing manager lead a team and work with a variety of high-profile clients. While being supported by the Managing Director, who has a keen interest in the growth of the design team, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to shape the role for themselves and play an active role in the growth of the design team within LCA.
- Lead the creative team on print, web and digital projects for clients. Supervise on amends and making certain the brief is satisfied.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects, design time and team resources.
- Perform management activities, such as raising fee proposals, contributing to new business proposals and developing new client relationships
- Liaise with the wider company to address any internal design requirements and processes.
- Keep up to date with developments in the creative industry to make certain LCA’s design team are always ahead of clients
- Understand your team, what motivates them and how to get the best from them
- Attend new business meetings and cultivate long term client relationships
- Produce and deliver content and ideas to promote the design services offered
- Act as a brand guardian for the company, playing an active role in advising the senior LCA team and clients.
- 6 years+ design experience, ideally across editorial design and typography
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of current trends, market developments
- Significant experience in mentoring or leading designers
- Ability to communicate ideas, i.e. sketches, written, verbal
- Solid experience in planning and organising schedules and deadlines
- Strong team management and organisational skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding how mobile, web and screen-based content works
- Passionate about creativity and finding innovative solutions for our clients
- Confident advising on design projects and strategies
- Experience in presenting and preparing pitch documents
- Strong client liaison and relationship building skills
- Embraces change and demonstrates adaptability
- Confident and positive persona both with colleagues and clients
- Excellent organisational / administrative abilities to be able to manage a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a small in-house team and tightly knit organisation.
- Good time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Sense of perspective
- Flexible approach to work
- A desire to learn and develop within the organisation
- Excellent time management skills
- Hands on approach to work (likes to get hands dirty) and happy to go above and beyond
- Good communicator and positive people skills
- Attention to detail
Although we are a busy company, we do not ask for or expect 24/7 commitment! There will be times when evening or weekend work is required, but this is not the norm and we encourage all of our team to have a good work/life balance.
Appraisals are a very important part of learning and development at LCA. Formal appraisals will take place at the end of the first three months and then every six months.
- Competitive Salary + benefits
- Pension: Up to 5% of salary (in addition to salary) where matched by the employee
- Bonus scheme: Discretionary annual bonuses based on both personal and company performance– at LCA these are significant and make a meaningful contribution to total annual remuneration
- Annual leave: 25 days’ leave
- Training: Separate budget allocated for personal development
- Location: London WC1
- Normal hours of work are 9.00am- 5.30pm but some work outside of these hours may be required
London Communications Agency is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
If you are interested, please submit your CV accompanied by a portfolio of work in PDF format to Indy Luthra.