This professional and versatile fit out and bespoke furniture company is based near London on the Hertfordshire and Essex borders and serves the commercial and residential sectors producing kitchens, wardrobes, vanity units, cabinets, TV units, beds, desks and doors.
The Role of Furniture Designer:
- Plan and design fitted furniture that fits to a client’s spec and the company's range of products
- Visit sites to measure and evaluate the customers’ needs prior to creating detailed drawings which are ready for manufacture
- Correctly process site surveys, designs, samples, delivery dates and stock requirements
- Communicate with clients and the team throughout the design phases and manufacturing processes
Requirements and skills for the Furniture Designer:
- At least 4 years' experience of using AutoCAD
- Experience in designing kitchens, wardrobes, vanity units, cabinets, desks and other furniture items
- Experience working on contract kitchens would be an advantage
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the workplace and with clients
- Strong creativity skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Driving licence
Summary for the Furniture Designer:
They are looking for a Designer with the ability and experience to carry out site surveys on construction sites and create designs and working drawings for their client’s furniture in AutoCAD.
In return they are offering a salary of between £25k and £30k, plus contribution to pension scheme, 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after five years and team incentives and outings.