This British nursery brand is renowned for designing beautiful and innovative baby products. They have an award-winning range of contemporary travel systems and lightweight pushchairs and also have a successful home and nursery division, designing beautifully crafted furniture sets and baby bedding. Key to their success is a strong, evolving product range with an uncompromising approach to quality.
They are now looking to expand their Hardware Product Design and Development team by the addition of another Product Designer. You will be delivering workable, marketable and breakthrough solutions to new product developments and derivative developments of existing products alongside assisting with embedding SolidWorks CAD capability into the Design Department.
Key responsibilities for the Product Designer include:
- Produce well-conceived and communicated design concepts and solutions
- To be involved in the whole development process from concept sketch generation to production in the Far East and post launch improvements
- Working to clearly defined deadlines and delivering to the deadlines
- Working closely with the internal technical department and external suppliers engineers to ensure total product reliability
- Producing 3D SolidWorks CAD models
- Producing 3D soft and hard models and assisting in the production of prototypes
- Presentation of designs and concepts to internal and external audiences
- Foreign travel as necessary to fulfil the role
- Participation in trade shows and sales conferences
£25k to £30k dependant on experience plus healthcare plan, laptop and phone. They also have regular social events run by their social committee including both a Summer and a Christmas event.
In return the Product Designer will need: at least 2 year's industry experience within a manufacturing environment; good sketching ability and concept generation skills; knowledge of NPD processes; fluency in SolidWorks (3D printing and prototyping would be useful).