Head of Design - User Experience (UX)
Role: Head of Design (UX)
Location: Central London
My client is on a mission to become the UK's most reliable home services platform. They are an early stage start-up striving to disrupt the £50bn home services marketplace by bringing smart digital experiences to an industry that has been traditionally under served by technology. My client is funded by a market leading global energy retailer.
They are looking for an exceptional designer who can bring their product vision to life through an effortless and intuitive end to end customer experience. If you are excited by the opportunity to bring creative use of technology to disrupt an industry, then we want to hear from you!
This role will begin as an autonomous position which will over the next 12-18 months translate into a Head of Product role growing a team of designers around you.
What you'll do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual design
- Build a consistent brand and experience across all aspects of the product
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
What you'll need
- 4+ years experience as a product designer
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)