Middleweight BTL Designer
Our client is a leading independent and integrated communications agency that is committed to getting our clients customers to engage with their brands through timely and relevant communications and through the most relevant channels - by developing ideas and creativity that brings to life our client’s properties to deliver innovative and effective campaigns
Our client believes in building creative teams that develop stand out ideas for our clients.
The BTL Mid Weight Designer is a hands-on role and you will be required to produce and passionately present innovative, differentiating Shopper Marketing ideas and concepts internally and externally through to client presentation. You will need to live and breathe entertainment, shopper and FMCG creative and be fully aware of the competitive aesthetic landscape of our industry
You will need to be used to working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment across multiple projects for high profile theatrical, entertainment, FMCG, Music and Sports brand clients
As a BTL Mid Weight Designer you will be responsible for delivering the concept development, communication design and interactive design for all your client’s projects.
The role of the BTL Mid Weight Designer is to work closely with the BTL Creative Director, Head of Creative Services as well as the wider creative team - including structural and digital - to ensure they all play an active part in the development and delivery of the agency’s creative outputs - with innovative and involving design concepts and activation ideas/techniques that will truly resonate with our client’s customers
As a BTL Mid Weight Designer you will work with the wider creative team of Copywriters, Digital Creatives, Designer(s) and Artworker(s) - and any freelancers when needed - working across all client projects.
The BTL Mid Weight Designer will also work closely with all other agency departments and client agencies to help deliver any digital and 360 creative campaigns or creative development requirements.
You will also be given the opportunity to work on new business initiatives as and when required.
The BTL Mid Weight Designer will work with the wider creative team, Planning and Account Teams to execute creative ideas involving offline (and online) projects through to client presentation and deployment and to be totally committed to delivering the agencies proposition.
Experience and Knowledge
- 2+ years’ shopper marketing creative experience
- Proven FMCG, shopper conceptual experience in marketing/advertising
- Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking across various lines of business
- Experience commissioning and briefing specialist photographers, 3D artists etc.
- Ability to produce multiple concepts for multiple brands across multiple sectors
- Proven track record of developing shopper campaigns
- Experience of working in an integrated agency environment – on and offline – with proven examples of integrated FMCG/Entertainment campaigns
- Strong portfolio covering multiple channels – Integrated BTL brand activation campaigns – with proven experience in POS and digital channels
- A passion for great design, illustration, photography and typography
- Experience working with blue chip clients
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Previous client contact would be an advantage
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and 3D experience with Artios and across multiple software platforms a real bonus
- Expert knowledge of Cinema 4D (Octane), Photoshop and After Effects desirable
- Strong IT skills (MS Office including PowerPoint) MAC and PC literate
- Excellent creative and conceptual skills
- Ability to clearly and comprehensively communicate to clients and colleagues
- Work well under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent presenting skills
- Organised, proactive team player
- Express ideas with clarity, confidence and logical reasoning
- Work proactively as part of an extended team with other areas of the business
- Proven leader
- Approachable and open
- Supportive & positive
- Passionate, confident & energetic