An award-winning central London-based architecture firm is seeking a warm and friendly individual to be the front of their design studio. In addition to reception duties, you will assist the practice manager with administration and ad-hoc tasks for the wider staff. Candidates must be confident meeting and greeting, have excellent communication skills, and a can-do attitude.
- Ensure reception is sufficiently manned and answer the telephone.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Monitor office calendars for meetings and prepare refreshments.
- Ensure meeting areas are prepared both before and after meetings.
- Maintain the overall tidiness and appearance of the office.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing post, deliveries and couriers.
- Check and distribute general emails.
- Provide general support and filing to the admin and design teams.
- Order stationery and groceries.
- Assist with travel arrangements, bookings, office trips and events.
- Update contact database.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a FOH or reception role.
- Actively interested in architecture and design.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop advantageous.
- Excellent communication and English skills, both spoken and written.
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise.
- Confident, friendly, proactive and good common sense.
Amazing opportunity for a junior to gain experience in a well-established design firm.