Assistant Designer - Contract
A luxury fashion brand requires an assistant designer to join their south-west London studio, working closely with the art director of event production on a wide range of innovative creative projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the luxury aesthetic, be a dynamic researcher and be passionate about bringing creative ideas to life. Fitting within a wider creative team, the position requires an in-depth understanding of imagery, composition and design.
This is an initial one month contract starting 2nd September 2019.
- Working on concepts and designs on brand experience for events.
- Following a brief developing concepts through sketches, mood boards, and 3D visualisation.
- Working collaboratively across the experience team to shape project aesthetic from conception through to delivery.
- Working closely with external suppliers, communicating creative developing samples/final projects.
- Creating and delivering presentations to the highest standard.
- Presenting ideas to peers and senior members of the team.
- Meet rigorous deadlines and be flexible enough to adapt to altering priorities.
- Ability to work independently when needed.
Skills and Experience
- Education & training in a related field: Events, fine art, interior design, architecture, product design.
- Previous experience in event design and production, set design, brand experience.
- A self-motivated and experienced creative with strong conceptual and communication skills coupled with acute attention to detail.
- A strategic thinker, creative problem-solver and a great communicator.
- A positive, collaborative attitude and can work under tight timelines - able to multi-task in a pressurised and fast-paced environment.
- Accomplished in Adobe Suite, adept at sketching with a proficient understanding of 3D space. Knowledge of Key Note or Rhino is advantageous.