The World Institute for Nuclear Security (WINS) has a vacancy for a Graphic Designer to work in our offices in Vienna, Austria. This individual will design and maintain key print materials, including marketing brochures, banners, roll-ups, document templates, PowerPoint decks, and more. The ability to execute ongoing updates in WordPress to the front end of WINS’ website would be a plus. A high-level of fluency in English (both spoken and written) is required for the position.
The successful applicant will:
- Creatively manage a wide range of design projects with a high level of autonomy.
- Discuss creative work with different WINS team members and ensure design consistency across all WINS external communication products.
- Work closely with WINS staff to deliver final designs to deadlines.
- Coordinate with external suppliers for timely delivery of high-quality print materials whilst ensuring cost effectiveness.
The role requires the applicant to:
- Understand design and production processes
- Have exceptional conceptual and creative abilities
- Possess extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Have a natural eye for typography, colour, layout, photography and branding
- Have a strong work ethic, with the willingness to work the hours necessary to deliver deadlines
GOOD TO HAVE COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of responsive web design
- A good understanding of WordPress front end development to execute ongoing updates to WINS’ current website
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This new, fulltime, permanent position will replace externally provided services from design companies. A gross salary in the region of 50k Euros is available for the right candidate, subject to their experience. We offer flexible working arrangements based on an average 40-hour working week, as well as a progressive policy for professional development. The position is located at our offices in central Vienna.
MORE ABOUT WINS
The World Institute for Nuclear Security is a non-governmental membership organisation that is committed to building an international community of nuclear security professionals who are demonstrably competent. We achieve this goal by providing workshops, publications, bespoke evaluation services, and the world’s first professional certification programme for individuals with management responsibility for nuclear security.
We encourage our staff to become professionally certified as part of our commitment to quality standards. Our Management Systems are certified under ISO 9001:2015, and WINS Learning Services are certified under ISO 29990:2010.
Examples of our current print documents can be found at www.wins.org.
Closing date of application period: 9 September 2019
Preferred starting date: 1 November 2019.
Please forward a one-page cover letter and CV in English, as well as a brief portfolio of your work, to: email@example.com with the following reference in the subject field: WINS Designer/Your Name.