Exciting sporting brand is looking for a hands on studio manager/artworker to manage and support their small inhouse design studio.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 12-14 MONTH MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT
The successful candidate will have outstanding organisational skills and be adept at managing multiple work streams, have an eye for detail, a solid understanding of design and production processes and an aptitude for brand. The candidate must be able to spot opportunities that improve efficiencies, quality of output, and to help the creative team deliver a level of customer service that is in line with the company brand values.
The jobholder will support the Creative Lead to define processes, and be responsible for the day-to-day management of creative resources, planning and production.
This is a varied role which requires plenty of parallel thinking, multitasking and where needed, design and artwork. As they are a small creative team, the ideal person must possesses competent artworking skills, as up to 20% of the time may be spent on carrying out design tasks.
- The focal point of the creative team, the first point of contact for creative requirements
- Allocating resources for all briefs that come into the creative studio. This may range from campaigns, digital/social media, print, moving image and web
- Regular check-ins with stakeholders across the business, anticipating their creative requirements, updating them on job statuses and advising them on processes
- Co-ordinating with the in-house team, freelancers and agencies to ensure that the right job is allocated to the right resource at any given time
- Negotiating timelines and deliverables with stakeholders, keeping them informed on job progress and proactively keeping them updated as tasks and priorities evolve
- Overseeing administrative tasks such as gathering job costings, and creating purchase orders for suppliers
- Ensuring that the team workload is manageable, achievable and optimised to ensure high quality work output
- Working with a range of print and production suppliers, to ensure that the company are working with the right partners and guaranteeing maximum value for money against expenditure
- Co-ordinating deliveries of printed jobs with stakeholders, ensuring distribution is managed appropriately
- Working with the Creative Lead to develop workflow processes within the team, and with wider stakeholders such as briefing, version control, and production
- Ensuring that the team’s filing system is organised, logical and adhered to at all times, giving a structure to use servers and file sharing tools
- Collectively ensuring that creative service delivery is of the highest quality, raising the profile and importance of design across the organisation
- Ensuring that creative output meets the requirements of the brand guidelines
- Comfortable handling design files, able to prepare artwork for freelancers and print suppliers
- Carrying out design and artworking tasks when resource is at full capacity
- Proven experience of leading and co-ordinating creative resource in an agency or in-house environment
- Team oriented with outstanding organisational, communication and time management skills
- Comfortable with brand guidelines, and checking work output against it
- Agile but firm interpersonal skills, with diplomacy and flexibility to liaise with a diverse stakeholder base
- Financially competent, with ability to work with budgets, co-ordinate job costings and able to competently negotiate with suppliers
- Ability to prioritise a range of work streams, working with team to ensure deadlines are met without reduction in output quality
- Good knowledge of production management including print, photography, digital and moving image
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, ability to carry out artworking, adaptations and photo retouching tasks
- Knowledge of Agile project management, particularly in digital design production work streams
- Interest in sporting events