This company specialises in the design and manufacture of lighting and furnishing products and as one of the leading suppliers to the interior designer and specifiers market, their products have earned a reputation of being extremely well made and beautifully designed.
They are looking to recruit a Technical Design Manager to manage the workload of the small design team and project manage the technical compliance and design of their new product range.
You will be required to manage the critical path of the development process, working closely with the team to design products that are suitable for market, as well as the maintenance of their extensive back catalogue of products. This will include, reverse engineering and product design, and the generation and cataloguing of technical drawings for manufacture.
Experience and Skills Required for the Technical Design Manager:
- Able to produce complex technical drawings for manufacture
- Educated in a relevant degree discipline such as Product Design or Design Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a relevant field, lighting would be an advantage
- Industry experience using SolidWorks, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- The ability to project manage and problem solve
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers
- Experience of design for manufacture and an understanding of engineering concepts and processes with materials including metals, glass and ceramics
- A keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail
Summary of skills needed for the Technical Design Manager are; Product Design, Technical Design, SolidWorks, Illustrator and Design for Manufacture and in return you will be working in a location near to a beautiful historical town, on some amazing projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a creative working environment, in a role that would offer an individual the chance to develop their own skills in the high-end interior industry.