Are you a design-biased Architectural Assistant with experience in residential work on multi-unit schemes? We have landed a new permanent role, near East Grinstead, with a practice that has a great reputation in the local industry. This could be perfect move to enhance your skills and experience within the industry.
- Position: Architectural Assistant
- Location: near East Grinstead, Sussex
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: circa September 2019
- Salary/Rate: £30,000-£35,000
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established practice, based under 5 miles from East Grinstead, specialise in various projects throughout the south of the UK, predominantly in the residential and commercial sectors, working with developers. They work across various stages, from site evaluation, planning applications and drawings through to detailed construction drawings and on-site inspections during construction. They are committed to professional development of their employees too and as the result of an increase in projects, are now looking to take on an experienced Architectural Assistant, provided you have residential sector experience (ideally working on multi-units) and preferably, proficiency in Revit.
- Ability to expand your skills and experience within the company.
- You will be working within the planning team, alongside the Head of Planning, up to RIBA Stage 3.
- A very competitive salary.
- Excellent holiday allowance.
- UK pension contributions.
- Great social scene within the office & annual staff teambuilding days.
- Ongoing continual professional development and targeted training.
Your new role:
As an experienced Architectural Assistant, you will be working in the Planning team to produce design and planning drawings, using Revit (this is preferable), up to RIBA Stage 3. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting residential and commercial projects across the UK, including a couple of significant multi-unit projects in the local area. As an Architectural Assistant, you will also be required to work closely within the team to produce design drawings and work on planning documentation.
- Proficiency and good experience with Revit is preferable and strong design skills.
- Proven experience as an Architectural Assistant, within a UK practice and a sound understanding of the UK residential market (UK Building Regulations and Planning Applications) is essential.
- Excellent time management skills, self-motivation and the ability to handle multiple jobs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Desire to push yourself forward.
What you need to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.