Junior Designer (Level 2)
Junior Designer (Level 2)
Salary: £26,411 - £30,324
Grade: EO/Band D
Post Type: Fixed Term 12 months
Summary of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Design102: a central government design studio working on projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Junior Designer to produce engaging and visually striking designs. You will have gained studio experience of working on briefs from branding to infographics. You’re motivated, ambitious, positive, and work as well independently as you do in a team.
If you have a strong passion for design, a desire to learn, and a portfolio with a range of creative projects, this is the job for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- assisting the project lead and design manager at all stages of the design process
- delivering engaging design solutions including branding, publications, illustrations, campaigns, dynamic infographics, animations and animated GIFs
- working with a range of clients – considering practical solutions and developing your ideas and creative concepts
- being conscious of budget restrictions when designing and following brand guidelines, industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- delivering excellent customer service, seeking to understand clients’ priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the client team updated on progress
- keeping the project management system up to date, logging time spent on each project
- presenting ideas and concepts, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work is effective
- incorporating client feedback amending designs accordingly
- working effectively as part of a team with copywriters, videographers, animators, printers, other designers and the client team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- delivering successful designs from brief to artwork
- presenting your creative work
- liaising with clients and implementing feedback
- creative flair, a strong visual sense and strong desire to learn
- qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject or equivalent experience
- good knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and ideally Adobe After Effects
- excellent typographic skills
- an understanding of accessibility principles and guidelines
- awareness of emerging design trends and technologies
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain
- the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- enthusiasm and good teamwork skills
Your application should include your CV and covering letter.
Please also include or provide a link to a portfolio including examples of your work.
You can find out more about us at design102.co.uk
For more details and to apply please click the Apply button, follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 27558.
Closing date: 30 August 2019.