This company has an unrivalled reputation and knowledge of interior architecture for historical and period properties. They work directly with their clients who come to them for their expertise and beautiful pieces of furniture, joinery and workmanship.
They currently have an opening for a Concept Designer with experience as a furniture designer who has both a creative and organised mind and who understands high-end and bespoke furniture and joinery.
The role of the Concept Designer will include:
- Initail concept furniture designs
- Putting together a Concept Package which comprises of floor plans and layouts which are then colour washed to give depth and visual impact, material palette and mood board, furniture drawings, equipment lists
- Working with the team to provide costings and a budget
- Taking part in client meetings and making modifications to the concepts
- Liaising with the production team and project designers
Key Requirements for the Concept Designer:
- Furniture, Interiors or Arts degree
- A minimum of 7 years' design experience with bespoke furniture and/or joinery
- Knowledge of different materials
- A creative, enquiring mind and an interest in historical research of architecture and period properties
- Strong hand drawing and illustrative skills
- Able to use AutoCAD and ideally SketchUp or other 3D packages
- Commercially minded and numerate
In return a very generous salary, well above the average for the area, is on offer for the right person. Along with working for some amazing clients on prestigious projects.