Head of Design
Head of Design – Winchester (July 2019)
What it’s all about
We have an exciting opportunity to join a growing award-winning national agency – working primarily from our Winchester office, but with the ability to travel to our London and Manchester offices as required. We are looking for a versatile and experienced senior designer ready to lead the team as Head of Design.
What you’ll need to have
Our busy studios, which spread between Winchester, London and Manchester adopt a ‘digital first’ approach to creative solutions delivering ideas that can work across traditional and digital channels, so an ability to work across both is essential and as important as team management experience.
- 4-5 years in a fast-paced creative agency environment
- Between 3-5 years experience working as a senior designer or management role in a design studio
- Strong track record of digital, video and off-line work
- A proven track record of creative thinking to exceed client’s expectations
- Experience in working across a range of projects including: Brand development, creative campaigns, video and animation
- Design for the property sector desirable but not essential
- Line management experience
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about delivery and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to work closely with other team members and departments to execute creative projects
- Excellent communication and team/client management skills
- Proficient at conceptualising and designing multi-channel campaigns
- Able to drive creative best practice through the team and direct junior and midweight designers
- Happy pitching and presenting to clients
- Solid commercial understanding
Core technical skills that will be required include:
- InDesign CC
- Photoshop CC
- Illustrator CC
- A basic understanding of the core Microsoft packages (Word, PPT, Excel)
- After Effects CC
- Premier Pro CC
Your interest in the latest design developments and trends, plus a desire to add value at every stage of the creative thinking and design process, will create work that delights our clients.
What you’ll need to do
Working closely with the Directors and other team members, your projects will be varied and may include: conceptual ideation, brand development and execution, campaign development, printed collateral, advertising, exhibition design, websites, apps, social media assets, UX, editorial publications and pitch documents.
You’ll be responsible for the quality and creative impact of all designs that we create for clients, or ourselves.
The Head of Design provides the day-to-day direction to the Design teams, which results in work that stands-out from the rest. You are also required to promote smooth working relationships between the Creators and Connectors teams, continually improving the briefing process. Therefore, you people managing skills are as important as the creative ones.
Who we are and what we do
Built Environment Communications Group (BECG) is an integrated communications agency working in the built environment sectors. We provide our clients with strategic marketing solutions that creatively connect them to their audiences and have a suite of services covers marketing, consultation, PR, social media, design, video, content production, digital build.
Operating from nine offices across the UK, we manage political, media and community relationships for some of the country’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.