Back End Web Developer
The Fix creative is looking for a backend web /interactive web developer for an experiential agency in bucks. This role will be reporting to the Digital and Content Director, your initial focus will be on enhancing a WebSocket API and DB for an SPA (Single Page App) web-based event management tool. Experience of working with Python, MongoDB and WebSockets are essential, and knowledge of React, Vue, Angular, Riot or equivalent is a plus.
You will work with the existing digital team in investigating and developing new features for the tool and reviewing the potential impact of implementing client dev requests to the tool as a whole.
· Planning and technical architecture for innovative web apps and interactive experiences
· Take ownership for further development of the API and database of our SaaS product
· Analyse the existing code and make recommendations for additional test scripts, refactoring, profiling and optimisation
· Contribute to software quality and stability by fixing bugs and implementing minor features
· Work with the team to provide effort estimates for all dev tasks, and make recommendations for frontend development based on backend impact
· Write documentation covering all further development and unit tests
We also develop using cutting edge technologies on various platforms, from Unity 3D to Arduino to web. We are looking for someone who can find technical solutions for creative challenges - a coding all-rounder with a broad skillset and passion to learn and discover new tools. Our work involves VR/AR/MR, machine vision, body tracking, depth sensing, Oculus/HTC, machine learning, progressive web apps, payment platforms, gamification and more.
React, Vue, Angular, Riot, Unity 3D (C#), Kinect/RealSense API, VR (Oculus/HTC), AR (Vuforia/iOS/WebAR)