Head of Interiors - Mixed Use
This well-established architecture practice is growing to include an interiors division. The interiors team will work alongside the architects but will also work independently of them and this position is to establish that team. The head of interiors will set the design direction, working predominantly on medium-to-large-scale UK-based housing schemes of the highest standard. They're partnered with numerous top-tier developers, delivering stunning buildings across the UK.
- Reporting to the interiors director, you will contribute to the management and growth of the interiors business, with the ability to win work.
- Driving conceptual design outcomes in the studio, with a strong sense of design leadership.
- Day-to-day running of the interiors department including allocation and delegation of team members.
- Project budgeting, programming and monthly monitoring and reports of resource plans across varying projects.
- Client liaison including presentations to existing and new clients.
- Leadership guidance to the interior team and the ability to mentor younger staff.
- Someone who has delivered projects from pitch to concept, design through to delivery on site.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience and expertise across workplace design and implementation.
- The ability to win work and have strong creative and technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional verbal and written communication ability.
- Highly organised and adaptable with proven management skills to lead projects and teams.
- Ability to take a client brief including facilitating workshops or interviews and preparation of strategic briefs.
- Ability to develop design into all work stages of the project including brief, concept, developed design, technical design construction, to practical completion - and lead others to produce this work.
- Ability to identify, manage and resolve project risks.
- Creative sensibility and strong attention to detail.
Along with the brilliant projects coming out of this practice they are well recognised for the culture that they create. They recognise the contribution of all team members and reward them with pay rises and promotions.