6 days left
- Job Functions
- Design Management
Salary depending on skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of benefits.
Education changes lives forever. It broadens horizons, breaks down barriers, and fires imaginations. Like the University of Oxford of which we are a part, we are committed to uncompromising standards, freedom of expression, and the enrichment of lives through education. This is our motivation, our purpose, and our mission. It is why 100% of the money we make is reinvested into education and research. It is why all 6,000 of us in 52 countries care deeply about reaching more people, in more places, with world-class learning and research materials and services.
We are looking for a Design Manager to join our Oxford Education division to provide design support, design direction and supplier management for all aspects of the International Publishing programme in the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and creating new product branding and guidelines including design templates, jackets and marketing concepts. They will also be involved in commissioning production design including typesetting, design services, artwork and rich media for the International publishing programme from conceptualization through to the development and production of new titles and products.
In addition to the above, the Design Manager will ensure delivery of world class designed products and marketing pieces, delivered on time within OUP budgets.
We are looking for a passionate and highly creative innovator, who has the ability to connect, communicate, lead & inspire their team to action and deliver in a timely and cost effective manner.
The successful candidate will have…
- Experience of having designed for print or digital delivery of textbook content in ideally a publishing environment.
- Excellent typographic skills.
- Experience of managing complex budgets across multiple projects.
- Experience of working with local and offshore suppliers.
- Has previously produced market leading series design and branding and implemented this across all products and marketing applications of the brand in all media.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
- Working as part of a team and contributing to its success.
- Evidence of having implemented process improvement in prior role.
WHEN SUBMITTING A FORMAL APPLICATION, PLEASE ATTACH EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK PORTFOLIO.
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
To apply please click the Apply button.
Closing date: 23 July 2019
We're committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.