Creative Agency Resource Manager - PART TIME - 3 days / week
We are working with a great creatively led and very integrated agency who are on the lookout for a Resource / Creative Services Manager on a permanent but part time basis.
The agency is busiest with its Resource Management on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so is looking for someone who is happy to work these three days every week on an ongoing perm basis. They offer a great working environment, with a friendly team and the opportunity to learn and grow into the role.
This role is with a lovely agency which is made up of a variety of Creative and Technical skill sets including Art Directors, Copywriters, Print, Digital and Motion Design, Artworking, Developers, as a well people who can illustrate, animate and more.
This role would see you working with Account Managers to take requests for resource against all projects that flow through the agency on a weekly basis. Once all resource requests are in, you’d book in the right people and working with the internal teams to negotiate on who works on what where multiple projects require the same resource within the same timeframe. The agency works collaboratively to ensure that all work can be produced on time and to the highest possible creative standard and this role is central to ensuing the smooth running of the workflow through the agency.
Good communication and the ability build strong working relationships is massively important in the role, as is being a super organised person with lots of attention to detail / conscientiousness. The agency will also look for a calmness under pressure in this person and a generally positive and helpful disposition is also a must!
Beyond this, the CSM / Resource Manager may also help with a variety of other tasks to help the agency and creative / production departments run as well as possible. This is likely to include, dealing with recruitment partners to book in freelancers and manage NDA’s and any other paperwork required, negotiating with supplier / stock imagery companies and owning the image / font library and also talking to printers on occasion if you have or once you have built some print knowledge.
The agency is fairly openminded to the exact background and experience that you might have coming into this role if you possess a lot of transferable skills and you are keen to learn as well as having a good attitude towards the job. Having said that, any prior agency experience, managing resource, scheduling work, creative services management etc. would all be a big advantage. If you have studied Design but then worked in an office management / administration role, or worked as a Project Coordinator or Account Executive, then you could certainly be the right person for the role if you have the right personality to succeed and can commit to the 3 days / week on a perm basis.
As you develop into the role, some of the main responsibilities for the position include:
Resource / workflow manager
- Agency resource management & work trafficking
- Freelance creative sourcing & management
- Freelance cost management and optimisation
- Resource forecasting
- Resource utilisation optimisation
- Managing the day-to-day workload within the agency and efficient trafficking of jobs through the agency
- Working closely with creative teams to optimize and improve creative delivery (including internal review and sign-off processes)
- Print management, from quotations through to delivery and responsible for final checking and sign-off of print
- Managing of image/photo/video/music/font libraries
- Sourcing/management of 3rd party suppliers (including supplier agreements, contracts & invoicing)
- Calm and approachable
- Unflappable under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrates gravitas when required
- Fosters excellent working relationships with third-party suppliers
- Excellent organisation skills
- People/relationship-centric role
If this sounds of interest to you and you are keen to find out more, please apply now or get in touch with neko london to discuss it in more detail.