Technical Designer/CAD Technician
The Fix creative are looking for a technical designer for a lovely local client that specialise in retail interiors and has big, global clients.
As a Technical Designer, the work you will be doing will be varied and will include high-end branded merchandise display furniture, POP display, exhibitions and some interior work.
What we need you to do as a Technical Designer:
- You will become a technical expert to support and advise the rest of the team.
- Take ownership of design projects and make it your responsibility to deliver them to a high quality.
- Take clients existing retail display guidelines and adapt them to specific spaces or working with a concept designer to deliver detailed drawings ready to go out to manufacturers.
Skills and Experience of the Technical Designer:
• Able to produce clear and detailed drawings in CAD
• VectorWorks knowledge on Apple Macs greatly advantageous but not essential as training would be given
• A good understanding of materials & fabrication methods
• An enquiring mind, we want someone who is enjoys figuring out what makes things tick
• Excellent attention to detail
• Team player but you will also have the ability and confidence to work alone
• Proactive in identifying concerns and exploring and planning solutions
• Trained to degree standard in a relevant 3D creative/technical field e.g. Industrial Design, Product Design, Design Engineering or similar or relevant industry experience
• Minimum 5+ years experience in a similar role
• 3D modelling (Cinema 4D) could be an advantage but not essential
• Good communication skills