Surface Pattern and Print Designer
A vacancy has arisen for a Surface Pattern & Print Designer to join this well-established brand that keeps a close eye on seasonal trends and who will be excited about creating new designs across their home textiles category.
The successful applicant will be innovative and hard-working and happy to work collaboratively with other departments creating original surface pattern and print designs that can be utilised across a wide range of product categories. The SPP Designer will be responsible for understanding and developing range content that creates a unique own brand range for their customers and there will be travel throughout the UK and abroad including the Far East on a regular basis.
They are also considering recruiting a Junior SPP Designer who will be assisting the SPP Designer.
Person / Experience Required:
- Surface Pattern / Print / Textiles degree and 5 + years experience in home textiles design
- Proven experience in the Retail Industry.
- Excellent surface pattern and print design skills
- Excellent drawing skills for illustration creation
- Proficient at using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Must have detailed understanding of substrates and manufacturing
- Proven experience in developing profitable product ranges covering multiple categories for each season
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to present product ranges and concepts to cross-functional stakeholders