Furniture Designer / Project Coordinator
This company specialise in producing high-end bespoke furniture and joinery from concept through to design, manufacture and installation, covering a wide variety of projects both domestic and commercial as well as one-off commissions.
With a busy workload they are seeking an individual who can take a clients' concept create the design and coordinate the project through the working drawing and detailing stages and on to production and installation of the final product.
Other responsibilities will be:
- Organising the detailed schedule of works
- Ensuring all design drawings can be used as accurate shop rods for the workshop through detailed site surveys and sound methods of construction
- Procurement of materials
- Liaising with site-fitters and workshop staff throughout the manufacturing process
- Delivering presentations to prospective clients to showcase the company's expertise
Person / Experience Required:
- Design experience from the furniture or joinery industry
- IT literate and numerate
- AutoCAD literate
- Good project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and handling clients