One of our key clients, a successful Marketing Agency are seeking a Production Manager who will work across all the agency's clients, overseeing and directing a variety of experiential project builds including live events, road shows, exhibitions, installations and in-store activities.
The focus of the Production Manager role will be to ensure campaigns run smoothly, on time, on budget, and on brief by leading the production process from conception through to completion, managing all technical aspects of promotional events.
You will work closely with the Business Development, Creative, Campaign & Logistics teams to ensure that every activation we deliver meets a high standard of creative execution.
Essential Responsibilities of the Production Manager role:
- Owning and directing production alongside other departments on projects with responsibility for being responsible for the planning, build, technical and logistical elements.
- Leading the team of production coordinators. Advising on costings for creative ideas for pitch presentations and guiding the project through from a production perspective through to live event and budget reconciliation.
- Advising BD and the Creative teams on the feasibility, cost implications and considerations on project concepts – does the vision meet the budget and timescale
- Assist the Campaign Manager to draft full supplier briefings and liaise to obtain full costings, manage lead times and production specifications to ensure that the design and structure are fit for purpose.
- Building and owning relationships and negotiating with preferred suppliers and potential new suppliers to improve capabilities.
- Liaising with Field Support and warehouse on logistical aspects; advising on vehicle requirements, and logistic schedules.
- Assisting the Campaign Management and Logistics teams with on-site support if required.
- Working closely with the Campaign Managers to ensure the projects are staffed correctly and briefing event staff on production and operational elements of campaigns via the Campaign Management team.
- Advise on health and safety elements for all relevant campaigns.
- Investigate new technologies and how they could be used in experiential campaigns.
- Responsibility for creating and checking production timing plans, schedules, cost reconciliations and updates to the account handling teams and clients.
- Work with the Logistics, Creative and Campaign teams to ensure that every activation we deliver meets a high standard of creative execution.
- Develop a multistage feedback loop to ensure that at all stages in the process stays true to the original idea while working within the agreed budget and timeframe.
Requirements of the Production Manager candidate:
- Have 5 or more years’ experience in a similar role, leading a team of production managers to create
- and build high quality productions.
- Having experience in both project management and account management.
- Be a natural leader and communicator, great at building relationships with clients, suppliers and internal
- Health and safety knowledge and the ability to create risk assessments and method statement for experiential events.
- Experience working with shopping centres, trade shows, council owned spaces and festivals and understanding key requirements of each.
- Knowledge and proven competence working with and managing build / set suppliers.
- Knowledge of up to date stands and stand-builds as well as rig and de-rig process.
- Solution focused and flexible to work autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Able to stay calm under pressure, be enthusiastic, positive and have perseverance.
- Excellent budgeting skills and commercial acumen.
- Interest in and love for new technologies and how they impact experiential campaigns.
- Strong technical knowledge of sound, lighting, power, AV and interactive technology.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to foresee issues and suggest solutions before problems arise.
- Knowledge of print production methods and materials.
- Experience working with graphic designers and artworkers.
- Understanding of event operations and how large-scale events run and using this ability to create exceptional experiential activations.