REPORTING TO: Creative Lead
As part of the Chelsea FC in-house creative studio and alongside a diverse group of creatives, you will be responsible for creating high quality, beautiful and impactful design ranging from photography art direction, OOH, marketing and event collateral and much more. This includes work for the Chelsea Foundation, The Teams (Men’s, Women’s and Youth), various venues under the Chelsea brand and our premium offering of Club Chelsea. Ultimately, the Senior Designer role is to develop exceptional creative and design outputs that promote our globally recognised brand, products and services through delivering high quality executions.
- Implement marketing campaign ideas across a broad range of channel applications keeping true to the brand and the creative idea.
- Develop design solutions for non-campaign collateral including: stationary, signage & venue branding, event display, menus, tickets, magazines, programs, newsletters, literature, merchandise.
- Generate original design ideas through using a variety of techniques to demonstrate your ideas including sketches, mood boards & storyboards.
- Ensure all executions are consistent & conform to brand guidelines.
- Working with brand identity assets to refine and apply images, fonts, graphics and layouts using creative techniques and software
- Extend brand identity guidelines by developing assets and content.
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Align all creative expressions to the brand strategy and ensure they are relevant for target audiences.
- Review concepts and designs with Creative Lead before they are presented to stakeholders and go into artwork and production.
- Line-manage, coach, mentor and develop junior designers.
- Work closely with the Studio Operations Lead to ensure all projects are delivered according to briefs and that the creative integrity is not lost at the production stage.
- Creative: Strong creative and design thinker. Keen awareness of current trends in materials, print techniques, channels and branding.
- Communication & presentation: Able to articulator ideas and confident explaining creative and design concepts to a non-creative audience.
- Interpersonal: Good interpersonal skills. Passionate about design but not overly defensive / open to others’ ideas. Good listening skills.
- Leadership: Elevates, motivates & inspires others with enthusiasm. Develops and oversees junior designers.
- Design & Software: Extensive knowledge of graphic design with advanced skills using Adobe Creative software.
- Brand: Solid understanding of brand development and the expression of the brand across multiple channels.
- Production: Extensive knowledge of print production techniques as well as solid foundation knowledge of digital production.
- Control: Ability to meet deadlines and manage delivery expectations.
- Proven track record working as a Senior Designer with client-side or agency experience.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine distinctive and various concepts, layout and executions.
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field.
- Proficient in latest design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC PLC policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.