Senior Planner / Strategist
Our client is looking for a senior planner/strategist to work within the Creative department and working alongside the CM teams. Producing communication plans across the full range of shopper, digital and experiential channels.
Ultimately the Senior planner/strategist role will be to produce concise, creative and strategic approaches for their clients to meet their marketing objectives, whether it’s for a pitch for new business, or work for existing clients on their ongoing strategic plans.
As a Senior planner/strategist, your ideas and thinking will shape campaigns and excite – helping people experience their brands like never before.
Reporting into the Head of Creative, you’ll help shape the way that creative and planning work together. Your skills and experience will help mentor others within the team.
You are likely to be 5+ years into your career, be passionate about marketing, and developing creative solutions, and wanting to get some hands-on experience in a fast paced agency.
This is an excellent opportunity for a confident, dedicated individual who is looking to take that next step in their career and shape their thinking in the future.
Requirements of the Senior Planner/Strategist:
- Keeping up to date with cultural / social trends and customer’s views and attitudes in their specialist industries, but also to be able to bring understanding outside this to bear on briefs
- An understanding of their core skill sets – shopper, digital and experiential – and the ability to be able to develop strategies that are channel agnostic and work across these areas
- To creatively assess information from multiple sources (cultural, competitive, consumer) and write clear, creative, to the point presentations.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independent, and self-manage own time
- Agency experience is essential
- Undertake content and marketing audits
- Develop content marketing strategy, planning content frameworks and aligning to customer journeys
- Work with clients and internal teams to define market segments, personas and consumer journeys
- Be able to present in a manner that inspires confidence to a senior client audience
- To be able to translate wider strategy through to specific creative and marketing plans, resulting in proposals that provide clarity of thought, logical arguments, and connect to the end creative approach
- To work with the creative and account leads, ensuring that strategy translates through to the work. To be able to land an idea both in writing, and verbally, gaining the confidence of the teams internally, and ultimately clients in presentations
- Understand key target audience behaviours, client business, impact of technology, and emerging B2B and marketing trends
- Generate and drive insight for internal and client teams around customer buying cycles, personas, brands, and experiences
- Design, execute and manage market, competitor and audience research and analysis to deliver insights into guide strategy development
- Develop clear demand generation and retention strategies based upon audience insights/needs and clients’ marketing goals
- Write clear, compelling creative briefs and deliver inspiring briefings
- Work hand-in-hand with creative teams to push the quality of end output
- Develop measurement frameworks for marketing activity ensuring campaigns are not just measured effectively but constantly optimised
- Support in the growth of accounts and new business pitches
- To have experience or an appetite to mentor others. Enabling them to understand the true value of audience understanding and insight.