Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
Are you an Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist with Petrol Filling Station design experience (completely, from Feasibility to Construction) including the Kiosk? I have landed a new role in West Byfleet, with a very reputable practice, working on a broad range of projects. This would be the perfect move to boost your progression and career prospects.
- Position: Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
- Location: Surrey, West Byfleet
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/Rate: £26,000-£29,000 DOE
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established practice specialise in various projects throughout the UK and internationally, carrying out projects from concept design through to planning and construction and on to the technical design stages. Their recent projects include petrol filling stations as well as some residential, commercial office and leisure projects too, working with private and commercial clients. They pride themselves on their efficiency if the design and management of their projects. They typically undertake projects from a value of £100,000 up to £10m, ranging from refurbishment through to new build. As a result of increased demand for their expertise and continuous growth, this company now have opportunities to take on a new and talented Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist, who is proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD and with proven experience of working on Petrol Filling Stations.
- Ability to develop your skills and experience within the company.
- A competitive salary offered, depending on experience.
- Good holiday allowance.
- Annual staff team building days.
- Great social scene within the office.
- UK pension contributions.
- CPD training is encouraged and supported.
Your new role:
As an Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist, you will assist with formulating and communicating project briefs effectively to colleagues and carrying out studies and design proposals, for review. You will need to work as part of the team, demonstrating good attention to producing detailed drawings, using AutoCAD (and ideally Revit), carrying out projects from conception through to construction. You will need to collaborate with other members of the design team and ensure proposals conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards.
As well as knowing the UK Building Regulations, you will also need to assist with planning applications and appeals.
- An Architectural Technician / Architectural Technician with strong AutoCAD proficiency is deemed essential for your application to be progressed. Expertise in Revit would be beneficial too
- Minimum of 3+ years' working on Petrol Filling Station projects is also deemed essential to be progressed with this position.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (including technical terminology).
- Strong verbal and graphic presentation skills.
- Strong organisation, design and technical detailing skills.
- A sound knowledge of the UK Building Regulations and experience of completing Planning Applications.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple jobs.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- UK Driving Licence would be advantageous but not essential.
What you need to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.