A Central London architects’ practice is seeking a Document Controller to join their friendly and vibrant team. This a stand along role and therefore the candidate must be confident in using a range of FTP sites/servers such as Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects and Procore.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing drawings and technical documents (RFI’s, EAI’s, TS’s, CAI’s etc.) issued via a range of external & internal FTP sites/servers (Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects, Procore).
- Prepare returned drawing submittal sheets (workflows) for all consultant and sub-contractor drawings and those with comments/mark-ups.
- Liaise with project architects to manage and control the numbering, filing, sorting, issuing and retrieving of electronic/hard copy documentation all in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Supersede old electronic and hard copy consultant and sub-contractor drawings with new revisions.
- Assist project architects by monitoring project workflows.
- Anticipate busy periods/deadlines and advise teams accordingly.
- Update trackers for the issuing of drawings or the returns of Comments.
- Assist with printing/scanning/stamping/distributing drawings and technical documents to internal and external recipients in electronic and paper form.
- Provide information and advice on document control procedures.
- Maintain a consistent system for archiving document-controlled project-related data.
- Lead Internal staff software training as and when needed.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the team leaders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior understanding and knowledge of the construction industry is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent written and numerical skills together with an articulate and diplomatic manner.
- A personal and professional attitude
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently.
- The ability to cope with conflicting demands, prioritise duties whilst working under pressure.