Due to a rapid increase in workload we are seeking Junior to Senior Packaging Artworkers to create extensive artworks for food and non-food packaging and sales material, either permanent or freelance.
For mid to senior level Packaging Artworkers, experience in setting up packaging artworks is essential (min. 2-3 years) and the ideal Packaging Artworker candidate is highly technical and possesses strong repro, print production and colour management experience.
The deadlines of some of our projects can be very demanding, therefore you must prove to be highly precise, able to work fast, show the ability to concentrate on individual projects for long periods of time, but also be able to continuously change between smaller projects.
As a Packaging Artworker you must be able to work on your own as well as in a team, and show the ability to be
organised and work calmly and efficiently in order to meet tight deadlines.
As a Packaging Artworker you must be Mac literate and should have a firm grasp of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop CS5.
A lot of our client correspondence, briefings and copy instructions are in German, therefore knowledge of German would be advantageous but not essential.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Packaging Designer (dependent on level) include:
- Set up completely new packaging artworks for labels, boxes, sleeves, foils, tubes, lids and outer cases, for various different print processes
- Make changes on already existing artworks
- Understand and execute all internal artwork briefings correctly and efficiently
- Create Photoshop backgrounds and set up DCS files
- Ensure that your artworks comply with all relevant artwork and brand guidelines
- Ensure that your artworks are precise and comply with our strict internal quality standards
- Liaise directly with all Account Managers
- Estimate the required artwork time for each project
- Manage your time effectively and be able to set priorities
- Be proactive, think on the job and learn to minimise downtime
- Check and proof read your own artworks before handing them back to the Account Managers
- Manage Account Managers' and clients' expectations and ensure that all deadlines are met
- Prepare and supply the complete print data package to our clients