Due to a rapid increase of workload my client is looking for exceptionally talented, highly creative and versatile Packaging Designers of all levels, to work on a large variety of brand and own label packaging for food and non-food products for the European and US markets.
As a Packaging Designer you will be involved in the creation of a fantastic variety of new brands and packaging concepts.
As a Packaging Designer you should be passionate about all things creative and be able to raise the standard of creativity within our company.
You must be Mac literate and should have a firm grasp of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop CC, but they also value the traditional art of designing with pen, markers and paper.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Packaging Designer (dependant on level) include:
- Run a large number of design projects from initial briefing through to final presentation
- Create new, original and exciting design concepts for a whole range of consumer packaging (food and non-food) in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CC
- Design packaging for new brands
- Design implementation across a high volume of range extensions
- Be able to visualise your own ideas on the Mac and create presentations that will impress our clients
- Ensure that designs are presented on brief and in line with the company's values
- Take part in design and project briefings
- Understand and execute all internal design briefings correctly and efficiently
- Ensure that your ideas and concepts comply with all relevant brand guidelines
- Liaise directly with all internal Account Managers and Design Directors
- Manage your time effectively, be aware of cost efficiency and be able to set priorities
- Check and proofread your own designs before handing them back to the Account Managers
- Manage Account Managers' and clients' expectations
- Manage and meet all deadlines
- Be a role model for junior members of staff and inspire, direct and mentor them at all stages of projects
- Be pro-active, think on the job and learn to minimise downtime
- Able to work on your own as well as in a team, learn fast and take direction
- Fluency in German would be advantageous