Summary of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a central government design studio, working on broad range of projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer to produce engaging and visually striking designs, working on briefs from branding to infographics. You are motivated, ambitious, positive, and work as well independently as you do in a team.
If you’re passionate about design with a portfolio showing a range of creative projects, this is the job for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- delivering engaging design solutions including branding, publications, illustrations, campaigns, dynamic infographics, animations and animated GIFs
- working with a range of clients – discussing each job, understanding the audience, considering practical solutions and developing your ideas and creative concepts
- working to agreed deadlines and budgets, following brand guidelines, industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- delivering excellent customer service, demonstrating an understanding of clients’ priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the client team updated on progress
- keeping the project management system up to date, logging time spent on each project
- presenting ideas and concepts to clients, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work will work for them
- incorporating client feedback amending designs accordingly
- working effectively as part of a team with copywriters, videographers, animators, printers, other designers and the client team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject or equivalent experience
- excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and ideally After Effects.
- excellent typographic skills
- familiarity with accessibility principles and guidelines
- awareness of emerging design trends and technologies
- the ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain ideas to clients
- the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- good teamworking skills
Your application should include your CV and covering letter.
Please also include, or provide a link to a portfolio including examples of your work.
You can find out more about us at design102.co.uk
For more details and to apply please click the Apply button.