Furniture Designer and Project Coordinator
This company specialise in producing high-end bespoke furniture and joinery from concept through to design, manufacture and installation, covering a wide variety of projects both domestic and commercial as well as one-off commissions.
With a busy workload they are seeking an individual who can take a concept from the interior designer or an architect's sketches, create the design and coordinate the project through the working drawing and detailing stages and on to production and installation of the final product.
Other responsibilities will be:
- Organising the detailed schedule of works
- Ensuring all design drawings can be used as accurate shop rods for the workshop through detailed site surveys and sound methods of construction
- Procurement of materials
- Liaising with site-fitters and workshop staff throughout the manufacturing process
- Delivering presentations to prospective clients to showcase the company's expertise
Person / Experience Required:
- Design experience from the furniture or joinery industry
- IT literate and numerate
- AutoCAD literate
- Good project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and handling clients