Product/Industrial Designer, Design Researcher
Established 8 years ago, this design consultancy combines expertise across Strategy, Research, and Design services. Working with clients from start-ups to global household names, their deep understanding of user and consumer behaviour creates outstanding products, brands and business strategy.
Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking for a talented individual to join their team in London. This role is part of an inter-disciplinary team of designers and social scientists and requires an individual versed in both areas to work independently and collaboratively on industrial design, structural packaging, and interaction design projects. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with running, planning and structuring qualitative research sessions. Working with local research partners means that some international travel will be a necessity.
As a minimum, our client requires a Bachelor's degree in Product or Industrial Design, and/or Human Computer interaction, and at least three years of working experience in product/industrial/interaction design.
Fluency in a language other than English is essential, while knowledge of Mandarin would be advantageous.
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
Working knowledge of supporting 2D software e.g., After Effects, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and etc.
- Good working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD package
- Good knowledge of Adobe XD and Principle
- Excellent understanding of 3D and 2D form, proportion and design detailing.
- Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques / constraints
- Excellent understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX and UI lifecycle.
- Excellent understanding of at least one social science research discipline and familiarity with disciplines and theory outside of core speciality.
- Ability to balance user needs with what's achievable.
To apply for this opportunity in strict confidence, please contact Marcus Philips at Adrem on 0207 562 8282, or submit your CV and portfolio