3D Decorative Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 3D Decorative Designer to join this well-established brand that keeps a close eye on seasonal trends and are excited about the new products and designs that are planned across a variety of categories. They have a design studio in both their Nottinghamshire and London offices so the successfully candidate could work in either.
The successful applicant will be innovative and able to think 3 Dimensionally with a focus for driving the design and development of new Home & Garden decorative products. You will be responsible for understanding and developing range content that creates a unique own brand range for the customer of volume driving differentiated product. There will be some travel expected throughout the UK, Europe and the Far East visiting suppliers and exhibitions.
They are also considering recruiting a Junior Designer who will be assisting the 3D Decorative Designers.
The role also involves:
- Presenting trend research and market analysis to the wider teams
- Creating original designs that can be utilised across a wide range of product categories
- Close management of project deadlines, ensuring projects are delivered to critical path dates.
- Managing Junior level designers
- Fostering links with design Degree course leaders to continue the development of the graduate recruitment scheme
Person / Experience Required:
- 5+ years relevant experience plus a furniture, lighting, ceramics or craft degree
- Ability to research and translate trend information effectively
- Excellent drawing skills for illustration creation
- Proficient at using Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to create detailed CAD manufacturing drawings
- Must have detailed understanding of substrates and manufacturing capabilities
- Proven experience in developing profitable product ranges across categories for each season
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of financials
Sorry but this role would not be suited to a Graphic Designer.