Design Manager - Surface Pattern and Print
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated talented Surface Pattern & Print Design Manager who wants to make an impact on a variety of product categories, and see their influence shape the future of a well-established brand.
This is a key strategic role, the post holder must be capable of challenging, influencing, effectively managing relationships and leading and inspiring a team.
You will be responsible for the delivery of commercial trends that bring continuity across the look and feel of categories across the store, and using those trends to design product ranges across the brand. Categories include: Home Decorations & Textiles, Wallpaper, Garden Decorations, Kitchen, Stationery, Storage, Christmas and seasonal events.
Other responsibilities include the managing of both the SPP team and the 3D decoration design team, building strong relationships with key stakeholders across retail to ensure successful delivery of ranges and assisting the Design Director with setting the strategic objectives and delivering to the BP plan, whilst managing budgets.
Person / Experience Required:
- Relevant design degree and at least 10 years experience working in industry
- Proven experience developing profitable product ranges covering multiple categories and good financial understanding of the retail sector
- Detailed understanding of the trend industry and the ability to translate information from Macro to Micro
- Excellent design skills demonstrating a creative approach
- Proficient at using industry design software: AVA, Adobe software.
- Ability to present product ranges and concepts to cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of design professionals
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Assertive and confident, a confident decision maker with good project management skills
International travel will be expected across the year. Supplier visits to the Far East as well as exhibitions across UK and EU.