The speed read:
A highly regarded brand research consultancy is looking for an ambitious Junior Designer to join their friendly team in central London.
This agency works with big, household name brands in tech, pharma, FMCG, charity and retail sectors. They conduct research and give valuable insight to companies about current markets and potential areas for growth and improvement.
You’ll be joining a small design team within the larger consultancy and will work directly with the Design Lead. It’ll be your job to bring the research work to life, making it both engaging and visually beautiful. You will work on a range of different outputs that will include (but not be limited to) infographics, editorial, layout, typography and illustration. It would also be handy for you to know your way around a PowerPoint presentation.
The management and wider team encourage the designers here to be as creative as possible with data and findings - you’ll be given a lot of creative freedom so long as the treatment is relevant. They do all of their own marketing so will welcome fresh eyes on this too.
It’s a brilliant opportunity for someone in the early stages of their career to quickly become an instrumental part of a small design team. In addition, the company care greatly about the welfare of their staff and offer a generous benefits package that includes one day per week working from home (plus lots of other great perks).
- A clear communicator
- Organised and proactive with a can-do attitude
- Able to work to strict deadlines on a variety of projects
- A degree in Graphic Design
- 1+ year of industry experience (or thereabouts)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (After Effects and Premiere Pro would a plus too, but not essential)
- A portfolio full of interesting typography, print and layout projects
An open mind and a willingness to learn