This family-run business has been designing and building commercial offices for over 10 years. Their culture is really important to them and they are essentially a company of likeminded people who believe that everyone deserves a great place to work.
This newly created role of Design Director is to essentially be a leader and role model for the creative design teams and a champion of creativity for the company. You will oversee the design output working strategically and collaboratively to bring exceptional creative ideas to the table, whilst at the same time ensuring that the company is commercially efficient and able to successfully deliver on project design commitments. With your passion and commitment, you will mentor and develop your team, ensuring they are engaged and motivated.
In return they can offer an very attractive salary plus profit share, pension, discount perks and regular social events.
They are looking for people with ambition and experience in the Office Design & Build industry. You will need to integrate into an established company team, be supportive of the company's desire to grow and be pro-active, reliable and determined member of the team.
Person / Experience Required:
- A creative individual who is passionate about championing new design technology and ways of working to engage audiences and change behaviour
- Having a personality that brings energy, creative culture, ideas and passion for design to the studio
- A proven track record of running and managing a team of people ideally in a design environment
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and a desire to develop and mentor a young design team
- Must have at least 8-10 years' experience within the Design and Build sector
- Must be able to help direct the business to improve productivity and performance
- Excellent studio management skills with the ability to improve processes, increasing efficiencies and reducing costs
- A proactive, inquisitive and communicative approach to work
- Fluency in AutoCAD, InDesign and SketchUp
- Microsoft Office is essential
- Photoshop and Illustrator would be beneficial but not essential