The Fix have an exciting Art Director position to join one of our lovely Berkshire clients.
About the Art Director role:
As an Art Director you are an idea hunter, constantly searching for ways to improve the creative product, to create campaigns that have a lasting effect, to prove the brand promise of a client, to create experiences and generate effectiveness and make their creative product famous.
Purpose of Art Director role:
The Purpose of the Art Director role is to support the CDs and lead clients creatively and support new business pitches providing thought leadership and producing strong, conceptually driven work that ensures that the organisation consistently delivers a creative product of the highest standard.
Requirements of the Art Director:
- The Art Director will deliver a creative product of the highest standard that generates measurable business return for your clients, developing strong conceptually driven work from concept to finished piece
- To take the lead on work deploying your experience and creative thinking
- To be part of helping inform inspiring and insightful creative briefs
- To create stunning concepts and produce great presentations by overseeing the work of specialists within the team to help communicate your vision.
- The ability to scamp quickly and professionally is a definite bonus
- To work as a team in producing original concepts
- To exhibit a clear ability to self-edit and to deliver valid initial thinking
- To carry out internal WIP sessions with your team on all projects
- To review artwork on all projects and where practical, sign off final artwork that falls under your responsibility ensuring that it conforms to client design guidelines
- To present work as required at internal WIP meetings and external client meetings
- To work in partnership with designers to ensure that the finished product is on brief and is creatively outstanding
- To keep the CD fully informed of progress or issues on any project
- To work as part of a team developing new business pitches, producing outstanding creative concepts that inspire and procure new clients
- To support, inspire and motivate colleagues in CM and BD to help them understand, protect and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients
- To keep up to date with current trends and to utilise this knowledge to expand your creative thinking
- To take responsibility for your personal development by being proactive in looking for ways to expand and grow your skill set and creative thinking. For example, via training, new projects or clients, internal mentoring and out of work activities
- To play an active and positive role in the organisation’s creative environment, promoting and demonstrating the behaviours required by the agency’s creative culture
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for the Art Director Role:
- Around 5 years’ experience as an art director
- Passion for creativity from conceptual thinking to final output
- Instinctive brand awareness and demonstrated experience of pushing boundaries and evolving brands
- A sixth sense for integration, and an awareness of how execution changes to suit different channels.