Design Manager for Architectural Lighting Consultancy
One of London's top Architectural Lighting Design Consultancies is looking for a Design / Project Manager to join them.
This is a great opportunity for someone from related industries such as architecture or interior design. It is a crucial role to the success of the business and will suit someone who has a good understanding of project phases and has experience with resourcing and running operations.
The consultancy work with some of the most reputable design firms and brands across UK and Europe and this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join such a business at this level.
- Manage resource / allocate projects to designers, ensure deadlines are met
- Look after day-to-day welfare and training / development needs of designers and arrange reviews and touch-points
- Recruit and first-interview new designers
- Make sure designers are not over-providing (exceeding agreed scope / work-stage)
- Attend client / project meetings with senior and less experienced designers where needed
OPERATIONS & FINANCIAL
- Monitor time spent on projects and flag potential over-runs before they occur
- Be able to negotiate additional fees with clients on over-runs
- Coordinate with managers in Scandinavian offices - agree standards, smooth out resource spikes by cross-collaboration / allocation of projects
- Coordinate regular billing with finance manager
- Understand work stages, particularly RIBA and what needs delivering at each stage
- Keep marcom material up to date (standard presentations and profiles etc.)
- Control of documentation standards and make sure we're up to date (or ahead)
- Assist with production of fee proposals and bid coordination
- Report to Principal & Director
If you feel you have any the skills and attributes for this role, please submit your CV to Amy Welch, Creative Support Specialist.