Location: High Wycombe, Walter's Ash, South East, HP14 4UE
You will join a team of in-house Graphic Designers at the Air Media Centre, providing innovative solutions to our Royal Air Force clients. Our objective is to be a creative, adaptable and specialist team, committed to the Royal Air Force, providing results that positively impact on its business by adding value.
Designers are expected to be self-motivated, professional and proactive in learning new software and skills. They are required to manage their own projects with line management support, monitor deadlines and give updates to civilian and military staff.
This vacancy offers the opportunity to work in a busy design studio and develop your skills. In addition to the rewarding work you’ll encounter, we also provide first class Learning and Development opportunities which will enable you to widen your skills.
- Work within our multimedia and graphic design team to deliver design solutions that meet the needs of our clients.
- Liaise with colleagues and clients/stakeholders to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job.
- Interpret the client’s business needs, understanding the audience, considering practical solutions and developing creative ideas/concepts.
- Present ideas and concepts to clients, explaining clearly and confidently why their work is on brand and to the brief.
- Incorporate client feedback, amending designs accordingly.
- Work as part of a team with designers, digital printers, and our wider communication colleagues.
- Create final designs, working to the agreed deadline or Service Level Agreements and budget, adhering to brand guidelines and the relevant industry design standards and accessibility guidelines.
- Deliver excellent customer service, demonstrating an understanding of client’s priorities and constraints, providing clear and timely communications.
- QCF Level 5 qualification in a design-related subject
- In-depth experience and excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – i.e. Adobe CC, including InDesign and After Effects.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
- Passionate about best practice in design; keeps abreast of emerging design trends and technologies.
- Ability to clarify client objectives and plan a design approach.
- Excellent communication skills, with confidence to present and explain ideas to clients.
- Willingness to work to tight deadlines, demonstrating accuracy and speed.
- Good team working skills.
- Desire to constantly develop and improve, demonstrating enthusiasm to learn new skills.
- Excellent typographic and layout skills.
- Illustration skills.
- Good knowledge of the techniques and technologies used in commercial printing and print production.
- Understanding of digital photography and video techniques, infographics and data interpretation.
Closing Date: 31 May 2019