Middleweight Interior Designer
A superb opportunity for an experienced Middleweight Designer to work on Commercial projects (both Hospitality and Retail) within a world renowned, award winning Interior Design company based in West London.
This is primarily a project production role – focussed on drawing and design production with the aim of supporting the day to day delivery of specific projects.
You would be overseeing workflow/deliverables for Designers and Graduates as regards the delegation of tasks, as well as communicating daily with project teams.
A key focus of the Middleweight Designer role is on the creative process - providing support to the senior team to ensure that the project concept is delivered.
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively through active participation in internal meetings/brainstorms
- Comfortable to explore/discuss creative concepts, making suggestions at appropriate stages in the project
- Managing incoming and outgoing drawings by printing, collating and filing them immediately according to the established filing system – computer and paper
- Using AutoCAD when required to assist with drawing production
- Assist more senior designers in the development and preparation of scheme designs
- Detail specific project requirements e.g. furniture sketching, electrical drawings, models etc.
- Attend internal review meetings and assist with any issues as they arise
- Attend final site visits with senior designer(s) and assist with any FF&E or styling requirements
- Technical understanding of aspects of architectural design, interior and furniture design
- An understanding of target markets
- Good understanding of current trends in the interior design industry
- Broad knowledge of Product Design and materials
- An eye for design
- Willingness to learn
- Organised and efficient
- A team player
- Degree or equivalent in Interior Design, Furniture Design or Architecture
- Proven experience on high end, luxury projects, and developed creative ability gained from a related design practice (likely to be gained over 4-5 years)
- Listening and interpreting instructions correctly
- Interpersonal: building strong effective working relationships, internally and externally
- Visualising other people’s ideas
- Sketching and drawing
- AutoCAD 2D/3D
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
If you would like to be a part of this fantastic studio, then please apply using the online form below.
Please ensure you have attached both your CV and portfolio in PDF Format when applying for this position.
J.A.Y Design Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for Middleweight Interior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly