An award-winning global leader in sustainable packing solutions for the retail sector is looking for a Design Manager to join its team. You will be based in Wrexham, North Wales and will be travelling globally, presenting technical concepts to customers.
You will be creative with good all-around skills that include innovative concept generation, traditional model making, rapid prototyping, 3D detailing and product validation.
It is essential that you have previous experience in managing projects/a team of designers and have good client facing skills. Knowledge of Siemens NX 3D CAD or a similar package would be advantageous.
As a Design Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the creation of ‘world class’ products.
- Taking the brief and developing it into a tangible product according to the specification or guidelines.
- Always creating the most cost-effective solution to the brief.
- Liaising with toolmakers and other technical team members to ensure products are delivered in the fastest time possible.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all relevant intellectual property has been applied for.
- Managing the day to day running of the office, ensuring that all work is carried out in order of priority.
- Successfully managing more than one project simultaneously.
- Taking responsibility for identifying the training needs of the team and where appropriate, ensuring such needs are met.
To be a successful Design Manager, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- A complete knowledge of the design process.
- Model Making Ability/3D printing knowledge.
- 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional CAD ability. Ideally Siemens NX.
- An understanding of the injection moulding process and tool limitations.
- Project Management Skills.
- The ability to present solutions to customers globally.
- An innovative thought process.
In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary based upon your experience.
To apply for this managerial role, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.
Apply for Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly