Clarivate Analytics helps people and organizations go from new ideas to lifechanging innovations, faster. We do this by powering the academic community with world-class information, enabling new discoveries to drive research forward, connecting patent data with AI-enabled search and analytics and more.
As we enter a new, exciting phase in the brand’s evolution, we are looking for a highly creative Design Director to power the in-house global Brand and Creative HQ. As we prepare to launch bold new identities across our global markets, we need an energetic Design Director to help develop exceptional creative across brand, campaigns, ads, digital, events, motion and more.
The Design Director is a key member of the Creative team, a second-in-command to the Creative Director who will help to build influence and become a leading voice in the importance of brand experience and delivering a coherent brand story. You will also play a confident mentoring role with more junior members of the team. This role is critical to driving creative standards, optimising outputs for our large marketing team and evolving our brands to reach their full potential.
You will be:
- Driving creative excellence and setting standards across all brand touchpoints, constantly optimising marketing collateral across Clarivate and our six flagships, wo
- Being a source of inspiration for the business, not only through concept development and ideation, but also by suggesting new formats, tools and approaches, always bringing a fresh point of view
- Working with the Brand & Creative team to evolve the brand, developing our brand guidelines and campaign guidelines to ensure our brand and creative toolkit is optimised.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Overseeing the work of a team of in-house designers and freelancers
- Working with internal clients to distil the brief, liaising with them, and guiding and presenting back exceptional creative solutions to them with confidence
- Being a key player in the collaboration with either the in-house team, freelancers or partner agencies, sometimes overseeing entire projects
- Minimum of 8 years' design experience
- Background in brand, print and digital
- Experience developing brands and developing brand guidelines
- Experience concepting and working alongside copywriters
- Experience agency and in-house beneficial but not essential
- Bachelor's degree
- Expert in Adobe Suite, primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Intuition for combining copy and design
- A specialist skills like illustration, motion design, advanced digital capabilities or 3D knowledge a bonus but not essential
- Exceptional attention to detail