This contract furniture manufacturer works closely with the leisure sector offering both their stylish range of furniture and bespoke items to meet clients' specific needs. Operating out of two factories to support their in-house design and manufacturing capabilities, they have a deep knowledge of sourcing in the wider European furniture market.
To help develop their business further they are seeking a Furniture Designer to work alongside their Senior Designer. Your remit initially will be to assist on technical aspects using Autodesk Inventor, producing drawings for manufacturing and client approval. There will be the opportunity for the right candidate to develop, meeting clients and ultimately to handle projects independently.
Person / Experience Required:
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor (or similar)
- Minimum 1-2 years experience within a design role
- Ability to problem solve
- Good phone manner as you will be talking to suppliers
- Experience in designing wood/timber products
- Understanding of metals, plastics and fabrics and their inclusion in furniture