Technical Joinery Designer
This manufacturer creates joinery pieces for some of the finest and advanced commercial interiors being designed in the UK today. Operating nationwide from their factory and offices just outside London, they offer total management of joinery packages, from initial site survey through to installation.
They are currently seeking an experienced Technical Designer to work with their progressive team of designers and makers.
Objectives / Requirements:
- Creating concept designs, rendering in KeyShot and turning them into ready-to-manufacture technical drawings for the in-house joinery workshop
- Producing complete and checked technical drawings using Solid Edge 3D design software (Fluency in SolidWorks will be considered)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy in take offs for CNC milling and other outsourced material production will also be required directly from the CAD drawings
- Connecting with joiners to discuss and get feedback on the practicality of joinery items designed, so hands-on experience from the joinery sector is needed and hands-on knowledge of manufacturing and assembling would be desirable
- A genuine interest in the marketplace and a willingness to take part in interdepartmental discussions
Competitive remuneration and paid over-time. 22 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years to a maximum of 25 days. Lunch is provided by the company and there is parking space on the premises.