Senior Digital Developer
Award winning and established design agency require a strong and experienced Senior Digital Developer (with at least 5 years’ experience) to carry out Front and Back-End Development, Umbraco Builds (the CMS of choice), Server & Database Management, and maintenance of legacy projects.
You will have a background in delivering high-quality responsive websites and bring with you an in-depth knowledge of development best practices and current technologies. A positive and enthusiastic attitude is a must, and a willingness to actively participate in implementing process and project lifecycle improvements would be very welcome.
Management of Rackspace Servers will also be part of the role, including (but not limited to) IIS configuration and maintenance, server performance and site migrations. You will also actively advise on improvements/additions to the agency’s set up as and when the need arises.
You will be working in a small, tight-knit and passionate senior team within the Digital Department, however this is an agency of 40+ staff company-wide with a vast range of skills from branding to strategy, interactive to print, to name a few.
This role is for a Senior Digital Developer who will be able to carry a development project from conception through to completion, in a senior-level environment, working within an already strong team.
Skills required include, but are not limited to:
- A client centric approach to your work
- A passion for the work that you do
- Enjoy working in a cross disciplinary team
- Devoted to keeping up to date with web technologies
- Passionate about building websites and digital media
- Keep positivity up in the face of adversity
- A strong character to inform and educate on best practices in order to increase quality
- Commercial experience with .NET 4.X, ASP.NET MVC and WebForms
- IIS websites installation and configuration
- Solid knowledge of managing and configuring IIS and MS-SQL
- Strong Umbraco development skills
- Working knowledge of PHP and mySQL (Wordpress CMS)
- Accuracy in estimating development times
- Take a lead in functional specification writing
- Push for greater adoption of Agile-like methods across the agency – process, tools
and ways of working
- Strong NPM & GIT Technologies
Possess outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Strong track record in managing projects for the full software development life cycle.